Signs of anorexia
What happens first:
- You lose a lot of weight by deliberately not eating.
- You want to exercise all the time.
- You get obsessed with the idea that you are fat and think it's dreadful to be fat.
- If you are a girl, you stop getting periods.
What happens next:
- Your arms and legs get as thin as sticks.
- You have trouble sleeping.
- You find it difficult to concentrate.
- You feel the cold.
- Your skin gets dry and hairy over your neck, arms and legs.
- Your hands and feet get blue and liable to chilblains.
- Your heart rate gets slower and slower.
- You become increasingly sad and depressed.
- Your body begins to die from starvation.
- You keep on using laxatives (tablets that make you poo a lot, stop you from absorbing your food and can make you very ill.
If this sounds like you, you need to think "Yes, I have got a problem", and that's the hardest thing to do.